Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My Rinnai water heater make a lot of noise when it's

Customer Question
Second opinion] My Rinnai...

Second opinion] My Rinnai water heater make a lot of noise when it's running

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Since 2013...I can stand the noise but I want to sell the house and new buyers won't

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Plumbing
4/2/2018
Plumber: Jerry, Plumber replied 3 months ago
Jerry, Plumber
Noise problems are the hardest question since noises are relative. All tankless gas heater make sound. If you think it may be louder than normal, and the heater has not been serviced then that is where I would start. The exhaust fan is the most likely problem. I’ve seen where bugs have been lodged in the fan, causing the unit to vibrate when on. It is fairly easy to remove and clean the fan but putting it back together is little technical.