Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My GE RO undersink system doesn't produce water. 7 years…

Customer Question
My GE RO undersink...

My GE RO undersink system doesn't produce water

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

7 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Cartridges have been replaced.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Equipment part no. is
PNRQ20RBL
I meant model number..
4/2/2018
Plumber: Home Guru, Handyman replied 2 months ago
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Did you repressurize the tank...CLICK HERE VIDEO

I bought a new tank. It is empty and pressurized to 8 psi.
Actually 7 psi.

These are the most common reasons for no water.

The Saddle Valve Is Not Turned On
Locate the saddle valve on the cold water inlet line. Turn the valve counter-clockwise to turn the water on.

The Storage Tank Is Not Turned On
On the PNRV18 model, locate the red tear drop knob on top of the tank. Turn it up so that it points towards the filter.
On the PNRV12, the white tank is remote from the unit.Locate the blue knob on top of the tank and turn it so that it points toward the tubing.

High Usage
The water pressure decreases as the tank gets near empty since the reverse osmosis filter produces water at a slow rate. It takes 4 hours to produce 2 gallons of water. In the PNRV18 model, the tank holds approximately 1.5 gallons and in the PNRV model it holds 2.1 gallons. Allow four hours for the tank to fill and try again. For extra capacity, you can add an auxiliary tank RVTNK1 that holds 2.1 gallons which can be purchased at the same place as the reverse osmosis.

Incorrect Air Pressure In The Storage Tank

All valves are open. Somehow the water does not go past the RO membrane. The battery is new. Might the circuit board not be working??

It could be other than that it would be a filter issue there is nothing else.

About how much $ does the circuit board cost?