Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a State hot water heater model # GS640HBRT Serial #

Customer Question
I have a State...

I have a State hot water heater model # GS640HBRT Serial # B07A117168. Pilot light does nt stay lit. The thermocoupler looks like there is soot on the end of it or propane line coming into it I think this model has a closed burn chamber, and was wondering if I need someone thats a pro look at it or could I do it. I could get it taken a part but i'm not sure if i could get sealed back up

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It just started yesderday I light it and it goes out within a minute

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I thought I would

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so, I've never worked on a hot water heater

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/30/2018
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 3 months ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

That unit has a burner assembly as part of the thermocouple. Have you checked the high limit switch on the door that the wires attach to?

I don't know what that is

Do you have a Honeywell gas control. Does it have a flashing light?

I think I'll cut my loses at #2. And call a plumber in my area Thanks

Let me upload a pic

No