Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My GE water heater wont stay light after I release the pilot…

Customer Question
My GE water heater...

My GE water heater wont stay light after I release the pilot know? it went out when a breaker tripped. We flipped the power back o but on cant keep the pilot on to have hot water

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2011

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Its a rental and I move out next month. just wanted to try an get it lit before calling the landlord because he isnt favorablem to deal with

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I an thinik of. the furnae in the attic is lit just fine

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Plumbing
3/29/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 3 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

I need the actual model number and brand. 2011 is neither. This info is on the rating tag on the front of the tank.