Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Have 3 Cimarron 1.28 GPF Model 4166. All have slow leak at…

Have 3 Cimarron 1.28...

Have 3 Cimarron 1.28 GPF Model 4166. All have slow leak at seal. How can I fix this?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 or 3 months. could be lime scale affecting seal?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if practical.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How to disassemble to access seal and dislodge any dirt on it.

3/28/2018
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What seal? at the floor? between the tank and bowl?

tank and bowl
refills without being flushed

Ok, not tank to bowl if your concern is it refilling not leaking on the floor. The seal at the base of the canister flush valve is leaking by. It may just be out of position but replacing it is the best approach.
There's a payment glitch with your account. If you want to talk contact customer service to clear it up.

working on the card issue

Ok

Ok, please reprocess charge
Did my reprocess charge request reach you?

I can't do that. Only customer service can

Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
payment fix done i think
Phone call session started
OK. One done. two to go. Thanks. worked great.

You're welcome