Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a newly installed single-control bath and shower

Customer Question
I have a newly...

I have a newly installed single-control bath and shower valve assembly and cannot seem to get the hot water to come on. I have checked the rough-in and the how water is going the correct side of the valve.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I just installed the shower handle and installed the water heater in the last two weeks. Last night was the first time I tried using the system.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I have 40 years experience as a licensed Architect and Engineer. I am not a contractor but have done a lot of project myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The system I have is a K-T11552.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Plumbing
3/26/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 2 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Do you have pressure on both hot and cold sides? Does the valve body have integral shut offs? The model you give is for trim only. Compatible valves are the K304 & K306 both can come with integral stops which look like conventional valve stems with screwdriver slots. They are located just inside the hot and cold inlet connections.

Just made aware of that shut-off valves on both sides. Have not had chance to look at those yet.
I am assuming that to access the shut off valves I need to remove the plastic threaded retainer?
I am not able to do that today but will follow up tomorrow.
Can I still get back to you after today's session ?
Thanks RickRobyn

You may need to remove the plastic spacer but it's not likely. Just come back to this thread. It won't go away and I'll answer related follow up questions even after you rate me favorably.

Thanks
Robyn

You're welcome

Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor