Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

How do I find out if my water softener system puts soft

Customer Question
How do I find...

How do I find out if my water softener system puts soft water through my garden hoses?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I have a new hot tub which does not need soft water. I have a culligan water softener in the house. How do I make sure that the water that goes throug my garden hose to fill the hot tub is not soft?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Plumbing
3/25/2018
Plumber: ApplianceTech, Home Improvement Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Home Improvement Enthusiast

The only way to know for certain is to test the water with a water test kit.

But if you know where the water softner is located in the house, you could just follow the pipe from the garden hose faucet and see if it leads back to outlet side of the water softener