Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

We are currently remodeling our master bath which includes…

We are currently remodeling our...
We are currently remodeling our master bath which includes adding a garden tub. I was able to get a faucet from someone (free) that includes the tub filler, a hand held shower and a single handle. It doesn't show a name on the box or anywhere on the actual faucet. When the plumber came by to look at it, he was asking about a rough-in kit which obviously wasn't included. Each piece has a valve attached at the bottom...and there were some what looks to be water tubing. My question is this...is there any way of knowing what kind of rough-in kit would be needed. Or since this set apparently came from overseas, I would be better off picking something local?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

I need pictures of what you have

Click on the link below for info on posting pics here

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Ok. One second!

ok

the first 2 pics show the tub filler. The 3rd and 4th show the handle (pic of underneath inside handle). And then the tubing and pieces included. Last pic is the handheld
89C4735A-8161-4E8E-9383...jpeg89C473...jpeg87A7FE03-2C2E-4A3F-B24F...jpeg87A7FE...jpegDB03DAE8-06E8-419A-91F2...jpegDB03DA...jpeg104E57AE-7A00-4E75-BA39...jpeg104E57...jpegD081C0C1-297C-486E-BD5F...jpegD081C0...jpeg1A5DDF0F-961C-4097-89CA...jpeg1A5DDF...jpeg3470C994-212F-41DD-9376...jpeg3470C9...jpegCE576DB7-BA02-4010-9BF0...jpegCE576D...jpegF38D892F-8A37-40AE-AB2E...jpegF38D89...jpeg9079BAEE-22AF-4C7B-840E...jpeg9079BA...jpeg3DA4C6BD-1477-4B23-988D...jpeg3DA4C6...jpeg

From what I can see in your pics this is a Roman tub filler w/spray only. There is no rough in kit needed. But it looks like you have parts missing and this is not a major brand so you won't be able to get parts now or later if it leaks. Your best best is to buy a a new major brand unit.

Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Ok.. That's what I thought. And that was the issue. If there were to be a problem down the road. I didn't know if there was a universal rough-in kit that was available or something. Thank you.

You're welcome