Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

We an underground toilet drain in our basement and it seems…

Customer Question
We an underground toilet...

We an underground toilet drain in our basement and it seems to be clogged between the pipe draining from the toilet and before the main sewer line what can we do to fix it without digging up the basement

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

We’ve noticed that the toilet would plug occasionally but would resolve quite readily with the plunger it has been frequently happening in the last few weeks and tonight it won’t resolve it

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if we can. My husband got a snake and auger and drain cleaner

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When our upstairs bathroom is flushed I can hear a bubbling type sound in my kitchen sink what does that mean?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Plumbing
3/25/2018
Plumber: ApplianceTech, Home Improvement Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Home Improvement Enthusiast

Hello and thanks for using JA!

I will do my best to help you out with your problem tonight.

Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

If you are hearing bubbling upstairs, there is definitely a partial clog in the drain line.

Your only option is to power rod out the sewer line from the house to the street.

Running a hand rod through the sewer line generally will not clean the line. It will just push it around inside the pipe and it will just move down and get stuck again. A power rodder will spin around and break up the clog and allow it to flow to the city sewer line.

You can either rent one from a tool rental store or call a technic***** *****ke Roto-Rooter to come and clean it out for you.

Did you have any other questions for me?

I ended up calling for outside help. It required the use of a snake
A sewer snake that is

Yes, that what I was saying in my reply to you.

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out with your problem.

Just Answers asks that you operate on the honor system for technician ratings. and this is how I make my living. May I ask that you please take a moment to rate my service positive for JA by selecting a Rating Star (3-5) on the top or bottom your screen before you leave today.

Even though you paid JA or Pearl to ask your question, they will not pay me until you have given a positive rating for my help.

Once you rate my help you will be "locked in" so you can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge if you still need assistance.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out!

Don

I see you never rated my answer to you from the other day.

May I ask that you take the time to rate my help and positive(3-5 stars) for JA before you log off today

Thanks

Don