Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a finished basement with a bathroom. Its getting

Customer Question
I have a finished...

I have a finished basement with a bathroom. Its getting water past the valves because teh hot water valve wont shut off all the way but I have no water when I connect everything

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

They said the pressure was slowly going away this past week. Its a brand new faucet

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Please

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Maybe if I could ask a live person the question that would help the best

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Plumbing
3/23/2018
Plumber: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 4 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, an expert advisory company. My name is ***** ***** I am here to help you with your inquiry today… my goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible and instill your confidence in us with a 5 star rating…..….since I am not there it can be that much more daunting a task….. so I will need your to help with any information that I may ask and that you can provide…. I do need this for a more complete picture in trying to resolving your issue ..…… uploading pictures will help so I may request them….…I ask for your patience and together I am confident we can get this done…….you will be getting an automated phone message request, you can accept if it is more comfortable for you or disregard it for now…….. I am going to review what you have given me so far........this is an initial inquiry: .........to clarify ......this is a new faucet that was just put in and it leaks from the hot water side when the angle stop is connected?

Please keep in mind I have nothing to do with billing ……….customer service would accommodate you on that…….I can only receive any kind of monetary credit from an acceptance of my answer by you with a positive rating

no. Initial problem pressure was dropping for they said about a week. when replacing the faucet the hot water would not stop ie the valve is bad. put the new faucet in still no water at all. I cracked the cold water for 2 seconds before putting it together and had water coming out. If I have water when the faucet is disconnected and I dont have water when its connected? the valves eventhough are bad and leaking when teh water is off I would still be getting water when teh valve is turned on

I couldn't follow anything you just tried to convey ..........you think we could do this on the phone?.................Just Answer requires an additional charge ..........are you okay with that ?