Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My Moen bathroom faucet of which I have two model 84230PM…

Customer Question
My Moen bathroom faucet...

My Moen bathroom faucet of which I have two model 84230PM one will not allow me to shut off the hot water. I have replaced the 1224 cartridge and now it is even worse. When I look down the hole the cartridge goes into I see nothing amiss.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Dripped a few weeks before I replaced the cartridge yesterday.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have never needed a plumber and I am 75 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of. I do not have a shut off except the main coming into the house. 2 flights of stairs. After this I am going to put a local shut off on all bathroom sinks of which there are 4 hot and cold. I'm getting tired of the trips

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Plumbing
3/20/2018
Plumber: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 5 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, an expert advisory company. My name is ***** ***** I am here to help you with your inquiry today… my goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible and instill your confidence in us with a 5 star rating…..….since I am not there it can be that much more daunting a task….. so I will need your to help with any information that I may ask and that you can provide…. I do need this for a more complete picture in trying to resolving your issue ..…… uploading pictures will help so I may request them….…I ask for your patience and together I am confident we can get this done…….you will be getting an automated phone message request, you can accept if it is more comfortable for you or disregard it for now…….. I am going to review what you have given me so far........this is an initial assessment:

----it may be that the cartridge has to be a certain way as to where it may be backward.......some are only a 1/4 or half turn..........also there might be a cold and a hot that may reversed............have you changed both ?

Thanks

eddie

Please keep in mind I have nothing to do with billing ……….customer service would accommodate you on that…….I can only receive any kind of monetary credit from an acceptance of my answer by you with a positive rating

Okay I checked out the model ........nothing what I said above would bear anything on the replacement .............the only thing to follow was there is a notch that the new cartridge had to go into...........and it has a retaining nut?...........last are you sure the 1224 is the correct one ?.............please let me know

Thanks

Plumber: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 4 months ago

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….My goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie