Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

We have a Bosch Hiflow water heater (model 26e) that was…

Customer Question
We have a Bosch...

We have a Bosch Hiflow water heater (model 26e) that was installed in our home 10+ years ago, We have had the occasional reboot problems but it now happens every time we need it, I have to go turn off the power and then turn on again, any way I can fix it?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Approximately 10 years and all I know is the Hiflow 26e

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible or my son who is a water technician

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Plumbing
3/20/2018
Plumber: Phil, Mechanical Engineer. replied 3 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.

Hello, at 10 years old, if it has not been acid flushed in that time, then it is probably tripping its high temperature safety limit switch, requiring a reset each time it trips.

Click here for the manual

.

Tell me please if you want to spend a few hours acid flushing it your self, or if you want to hire it done for $250 or so... if you want to hire it done, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will locate a well rated plumbing outfit that can do the job for you.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.