Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a membrane base shower, the tiles had lifted, and…

Customer Question
Good morning, I have...

Good morning, I have a membrane base shower, the tiles had lifted, and when I delved further the chipboard and the wood boxing have rotted. Who does the repair of this, a builder or can a plumbing group fix? Also is there an alternative to a membrane base shower without removing the tiled walls.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

We started 10 days ago, by calling in a tiler to re grout tiles, but this escalated as he dug deeper and he disappeared and wont answer our calls.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We want a professional job as it is a shower in an apartment complex.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it for now.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Plumbing
3/19/2018
Plumber: Mike R., Plumber replied 5 months ago
Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience as a plumber. I'll be glad to assist you today.

How old is the shower? Will you describe the wood damage further?