Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My kitchen sink, hot water has normal pressure comes out of…

Customer Question
My kitchen sink...

My kitchen sink , hot water has normal pressure comes out of the fauct

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Faucet just fine however my cold water just trickles out of the faucet

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I’m fairly handy so yes I’d like to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just the cold water flow

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 4 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

First thing to do is shut the cold off under the sink, disconnect the supply line to the faucet, re-direct it into a bucket and turn the water back on. Do you have good flow there?

Tried that no same issue low flow
Do you think the shut off valve could be the issue, perhaps clogged by calcium buildup

Ok, then next turn off the water main, pull the guts out of the shut off then turn the water back on. What happens?

The above will tell you if it's the shut off. The washer on these shut offs can break loose and restrict the flow