Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

We have a honeywell hot water heater that we purchased a…

Customer Question
Hello. We have...

Hello. We have a honeywell hot water heater that we purchased a little over a year ago. We have had issues with the pilot burning out. We would reset it and it would be fine. Now we are trying to do the same thing. The pilot lights and starts and then goes out a few minutes later and after a few more minutes it will turn red for a few seconds and then turns off.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

This is the first time that it wouldnt turn back on.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. Dont really have money to replace

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not sure what you mean

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Plumbing
3/15/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 4 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Honeywell doesn't make water heaters. They do make gas control valves. Given you description your may have a defective gas control valve. What is the brand name on the tank?