Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My water heater is on the second floor of my house over my…

My water heater is...

My water heater is on the second floor of my house over my garage sealing where I have a leak. The water heater and lines going in and out do not show any signs of leaking. when I shut the water supply to the house the leak stops. when I turn the water supply back on and use the shower on second floor the leak comes back. Can you help me with this problem? Thank you. John

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?

No.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I am a pretty good handy man and do all my own plumbing repairs.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I looked all over for leaks and can't find where it's coming from. My guess is a supply line going to the hot water heater somewhere in the wall. Somewhere I can't see.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Does it leak all the time when the water is on or only when you use the shower?

Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
when I use the shower it leaks. then when I shut the supply to the house off it stops.Then I turn the supply line back on it doesn't leak until we use the shower upstairs again.
Phone call session started