Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I had a water leak that saturated my entire master bath,

Customer Question
master closet, adjacent hallway, office...
I had a water leak that saturated my entire master bath, master closet, adjacent hallway, office and office closet. I'm being told by the plumber that the cause was a "soft clog" is that a real thing and how can I be sure now that the restoration team has dried out my house it won't happen again?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Plumbing
3/12/2018
Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

A soft clog is typically an excessive amount of paper that caused the toilet to back up and overflow, whether in the toilet or the drain line itself. If you share this drain line (common drain line) with other units, the water can be excessive as you listed. The restoration company should remove the damaged flooring, wood, and drywall that got affected, and usually they will install air dryers (blowers) and a dehumidifier to reduce the potential for mold.

If you still think you may have an issue, once they are done, you can contact a 3rd party mold testing company to come out a take samples of the moisture content amounts as well as test for mold. Only a certified lab can determine how much and the type of mold growth.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 28 days ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 17 days ago

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 days ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber