Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I am unable to identify Manufacturer/Model of this shower…

I am unable to identify...
I am unable to identify Manufacturer/Model of this shower Ell (Shower Outlet for Hand Held). I aqttached pix, can someone help me identify make/model? It's solid, chrome plated. Also had a backflow attached. Need to replace. Has a special extended port for our mildly recessed nipple pipe in the tile. Must have extended port as shown in pix. Prefer solid brass chrome plated. Would like links as well to Manuf.
3/12/2018
Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience as a plumber. I'll be glad to assist you today.

I am not sure what the manufacturer is but does it matter? A chrome wall 90 from any manufacturer will do. click here

Delta is a very good brand with lifetime warranty.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Mike- Again, my question is to find a replacement. Please note the length of the port on the back. . All others are flush, this one is extended which I must have. It is about 1/2" past the surface as the nipple is recessed behind the tile. If you know of a model like this, please send a link showing the dimensions.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The link you gave will not work based on the extended port I stated in my original post. So not "any" 90 will work.

You can replace the nipple if necessary. You have to remove the nipple to put teflon tape and thread sealant on it anyway. The port where the nipple threads into is separate from the cover allowing flexibility the one that you are replacing did not have. The one in the link would certainly fit just the same. I have installed a lot of those over the last 25 years or so. The one you have may be Moen but there really is not any clear way to know. I am certain the one in the link would fit just the same. To remove the nipple you would also need a nipple extractor tool. click here It is much easier to remove the nipple and teflon tape the threads, thread it into the new elbow, teflon tape the other end then screw it into the wall.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, this doesn't help my issue. I'm looking for a replacement to what I have with the same extended port. Again, I asked to identify what I have (which is why I included pix) to find a replacement with the same dimensions. If I wanted to replace the nipple and use something different, I would have done that already.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If you don't know, that's OK, please pass on my question so someone else can answer, thank you.

I want to be clear that the one in the link will absolutely fit without having to replace the nipple. I am just saying that it is easier to put sealant on the threads and also to thread the elbow in by removing the nipple first. I will surely opt out and open to other experts if you like. The one in the link is also brass. I am also wanting to be clear that it is not necessary to get exactly the same since the nipple is removable and can be replaced quite easily. I only stated this so that you would know that there are options. If you do not want to remove the nipple that is fine too, it just makes it much more difficult to install.

Also I am pretty sure the one you have is made by Moen. They have since started making a lot of theirs out of plastic and not brass.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Mike, I looked already at that delta model you gave a few days ago, it is not the same. The port is flush with the edges. I'm sorry, but your answers are not working for me.
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Before you answer, please read my complete description and see the pix attached. I am looking for a like for like replacement to what I have. Also, please note the port length. It is approx. 1/2" extended out the rear. This is VERY important. Do not ask me to change the nipple pipe. I want a like for like replacement please.

Like the previous plumber stated manufacturer of the drop ell is completely irrelevant. However, that one you have sure looks like a Mirabelle to me.

Can you actually measure the distance between the back of the drop ell and the end of the female threads?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Wade, I gave that answer already above. I can use anything a fat 3/8" to 1/2" length.

The Mirabelle is .4" so right in the sweet spot you need. Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'd appreciate a 5 star rating.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
May I have a part number, link and link to spec sheet please?

See above!

WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Excellent job Wade, thank you very much!
WCohn
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber