Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a serious clog that isn't moving so I used liquid…

Customer Question
I have a serious...

I have a serious clog that isn't moving so I used liquid lightning and still nothing. Now I have a bowl full of acid, (and other stuff) and not sure what to do next

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

3days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would prefer to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I don't think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Plumbing
3/11/2018
Plumber: Mike R., Plumber replied 4 months ago
Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience as a plumber. I'll be glad to assist you today.

To get everything out of the sink you would place a bucket or large bowl under the sink and remove the trap to at least get everything out of the sink.

Is it a crawl space or basement below?

It's the toilet that's clogged and it's located in the basement
I'm at work at the moment so I won't be able to get to it right now but would like to have a plan for when I get home plz

Do you have a cordless drill?

I do

You can get this click here and a bucket and pump the toilet out then remove the toilet. Once you pump it out you do not need to completely empty it. Once you pump out all you can it will not spill when removing the toilet. Then you can snake out the drain. You might need to rent a sewer auger from Home Depot or maybe something like this will do the trick to clear things out. click here

Thank u I will try what u suggested.

You are very welcome