Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

We have a Eccotemp 25478740 water heater that won't light. I…

Customer Question
We have a Eccotemp...

We have a Eccotemp 25478740 water heater that won't light. I tried replacing the batteries, to no effect. How can I get it to light?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Just happened today, half an hour ago, after coming in from gardening and wanting to shower.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My only alternative.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How do I know?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Plumbing
3/11/2018
Plumber: Brian Weeks, Plumber replied 4 months ago
Brian Weeks
Brian Weeks, Plumber

Hello My name is ***** ***** I can assist you today.

Can you verify a few things for me. Does the unit appear to have power and is this a propane unit?

The last thing is do you have enough water pressure. This unit will not light if the PSI is below 20

After this initial contact with you I was successful in reaching the distributor and learned that I needed to remove the heater from the house plumbing and take it to his shop for R&R. I did drive it to his shop on the 13th, he serviced it replacing a switch, I reinstalled it...and we've have reliable hot water since.
No, I don't want a phone call now.