Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I am volunteering at my church, helping with some odd jobs.

We have urinal in one...
I am volunteering at my church, helping with some odd jobs. We have urinal in one of the boy's bathrooms that leaks dramatically when it's flushed. I'll try to send you a short clip of what happens. It leaks around the base of the flush handle.
Following information is engraved on the valve: Sloan valve part # v-500-AA.
3/10/2018
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You need a vacuum breaker repair kit.

https://www.zoro.com/sloan-breaker-kit-vacuum-v551a/i/G3478194/feature-product?gclid=Cj0KCQiAoY7VBRDtARIsAHWoO-LqCRu6J5MTr9Ij--odRvHQ6l9WxJGRpcb5ZAaPOgpgmjwt6msy36UaAogUEALw_wcB

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wow! That's cheap!
Could you please provide step by step directions fir installation?

Turn the water off at the angle stop out of the wall. You just back off the 1 1/2" nut at the top that you show in your pic then loosen but don't remove the nut at the bottom of the vac tube where it connects to the top of the fllushometer. Pull the old neoprene guts out and put the new one back in it's place. Put the vac back in place and tighten the nuts. Don't forget the face washer at the top where the vac meets the body of the flushometer.

Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay. That sounds straight forward enough. Naturally, I won't be able to try that until I can get the kit. I'll go ahead and rate you, but I may have follow up questions once I am attempting the procedure.
Thanks

I'll answer related follow ups for a week or so. Best bet for the part is a local plumbing supply house so you don't have to wait for mail order.

Rick
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor