Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Moving tub drain 2 feet ... do i need to move the P-trap…

Customer Question
Moving tub drain 2...

Moving tub drain 2 feet ... do i need to move the P-trap over too?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Remodeling my bathroom ... new tub has drain on the end ... not middle like old one so needing to move the drain

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I'd like to leave the p-trap where it is and run a line about 2 feet to accommodate the new drain location. Can i leave the p-trap where it is?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Plumbing
3/10/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 1 month ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You can leave the trap where it is but it's better if it's directly under the tub drain.

Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber