Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a Zoeller upflush system, 1 year old. It stopped

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Zoeller upflush system, 1 year old. It stopped pumping. If I plug it in it hums for about 5 seconds then silent for about 5 more seconds over and over. I unplug it quickly. Thanks, John

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope so

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all I can think of

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Probably something caught in he pump impeller. The pump will have to be pulled and cleaned/checked

I wish there was an easy/clean way to drain it.

Sorry, no easy way. This is one reason why plumbers get paid so much. Because we have to do rotten miserable jobs like this.

If you have the platform version not the back flush version, you can just pull the pump out without draining anything

Thanks, ***** ***** find a cheap manual pump, I'll try to get the level down to the bottom of the toilet bowl. This will take quite a while.
BTW it is a back flush version.

Ok

Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor