Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a Kohler tip toe drain in my tub. It doesn't stay…

Customer Question
I have a Kohler...

I have a Kohler tip toe drain in my tub. It doesn't stay diown to hold the water. I just ordered a replacement, and the screw is bigger in diameter. What to do?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It has been going on for several weeks and sometimes it prevents me from taking a bath

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would if I had the right part

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The new one is 5/16 and the old one is 1/4, which is the one I need

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2018
Plumber: Mike R., Plumber replied 1 month ago
Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience as a plumber. I'll be glad to assist you today.

I believe there is a replacement available at Home Depot. It comes with both sizes so no guesswork. I will find it on their website.

click here The website does not always show everything they have on the shelf. I think this might be one of those cases. All you need is the one that has both posts.

Mike R.
Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber