Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a kohler whirl pool tub that I used maybe 12 times…

Customer Question
I have a kohler...

I have a kohler whirl pool tub that I used maybe 12 times and now the pump will not run. I checked for a thermal overload on the motor but I cannot see one. I wanted to test the switch but it's is a communication type wire. How do I go about checking out the switch?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About a year.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I have the switch in my hand and was going to try to run a continuity test on it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Plumbing
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I found the problem it was in the switch. Thanks
3/8/2018
Plumber: Mike R., Plumber replied 1 month ago
Mike R.
Mike R., Plumber

Hi, I'm Mike and I have 20+ years of experience as a plumber. I'll be glad to assist you today.

Are you sure it was the switch? It is working now?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
crack in circuit board that connects to push button . Gap in solid-state to button. Just put small amount of fodder to fill gap and switch and pump worked.
The gap was so small that I needed a magnifying glass to do the work.

That really worked out. I don't think I could have found that from here!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If you have facebook I can take a pic and show you.

That's alright. I fix boards sometimes too. I know exactly what you mean. I learned myself how to fix tvs when the economy dove.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for the help. Frank

You are very welcome

Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber