Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a faucet diverter replacement kit and need a little…

Customer Question
I have a faucet...

I have a faucet diverter replacement kit and need a little help with changing out the old one and installing the new.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

The bath wand was leaking out periodically and dripping onto the floor when all the water should have come out of the main faucet. Kohler sent me the correct kit (I think) after a few misfires (sent mixing valve not faucet diverter). So now trying to install. Unscrewed aerator and silver spout part *the thing one pulls down on to divert water to the wand* but valve inside looks all smooth. Not sure how to unscrew it. Can see threads on new valve so assume original has the same. But can't see how to reach into faucet body to unscrew the original.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I am doing it myself. That's why I need help. Shouldn't need a plumber to replace a simple part, I wouldn't think.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's about it. I was a machinist so not unfamiliar with tools. But new part did not come with any diagrams, schematics or directions.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Plumbing
3/7/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 1 month ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What's the model (number) of your faucet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
cp

That's an approval number not the model number. The model is not on the faucet. You or Kohler would need to know it for you to get the right part.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll see if I can find the model somewhere. Hold on. I got the directions from Kohler. Thanks anyway.

You're welcome

Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber