Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

No water coming into toilet, is ok in bathroom sink but

Customer Question
No water coming into...

No water coming into toilet, is ok in bathroom sink but neither toilet has water coming into tank

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Two or three days, cant flush toilets

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Pvc pipes

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Plumbing
3/7/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 5 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Turn the water off under the toilet, disconnect the supply tube to the toilet fill valve then direct the supply into a bucket and turn the shut off back on. Do you have water coming out?

no water
we are on a 300 gal water tank with pump , have water flow to all sinks but not to either toilet

Is it real cold where you are? is your house on a slab?

it gets to about 30 at night .weve replaced the pump last month, water hasnt worked right in toilets since
not on slab
we live in oklahoma

Shut of the water main and pull the bonnet and stem out of the shut off under the toilet then turn the water back on. Any flow?

ok dum qyetion ,would the bonnet and stem be under the house under the toilet

The shut off handle is attached to the stem. Behind the handle is usually a large hex that you can back off so you can pull the guts out of the valve. Some PVC shut offs can't be taken apart.