Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Im replacing a shower in my bathroom and I threw away the…

Customer Question
Hi, Im replacing a...

Hi, Im replacing a shower in my bathroom and I threw away the old trim kit and shower. I know it was eljer built back in 96. My question is how can I find the model number or does American Standard pretty much fit

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Cont. fit the valve that is already installed.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Just recently, I looked you guys up

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes doing the work myself. trying to avoid replacing the valve in the wal

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Plumbing
3/6/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 4 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You won't find trim for a 20+ year old valve. You'll have to install a new valve and trim. Not sure what you mean by " does American Standard pretty much fit". Any shower valve and trim should fit unless you have the hole in the wall cut already. If that's the case then you'l have to find a valve and trim plate big enough to cover the hole.