Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

This is about the rheem tankless water heater with umc-117…

This is about the rheem...
This is about the rheem tankless water heater with umc-117 remote panel. It won't reset by itself as it is supposed to and I have to go reset it everyone there is no heat and no hot water. Our furnace is a duel fuel furnace that depends on the water heater system. I want to know why it is NOTresetting by itself. It is kept at 120 degrees F.
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/21/2018
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

hi wade

Are you getting an error code?

was getting the error code 12. then it started to just shut off.
a number of guys came in to try to fix it. because we have a dual fuel furnace system

With the power on is there CURRENTLY an error code?

no. no error code now
because the last guy who came here saw the error and cleaned out the burner, but asked me to put the temperature of the tank at 140 degrees
water is scalding. so i wanted to know why this waterheater is not resetting

I am a Rheem tankless factory trained and certified repair technician

So it is working but too hot?

ok. so my question to you is if this tank is connected to my furnace, what is the termperature generally recommended for the rheem
it is working now. but i am afraid to use it at 140 degrees, and afraid that if i lower it to 120, it would not reset itself and i wont have hot water and wont have heat. does that make sense to you?

I need a bit more info

This is a tankless water heater are you using a tank as well?

just the tankless water heater which is also attached to my furnace

Ok you can turn it down. No problem

ok. have you heard about this not resetting itself? the tankless water heater?

I'm not sure what you mean by resetting?

Resetting for me is clearing and error code.

Do you mean returning to a lower temp?

by resetting i mean - the remote goes off. there is no hot water and there is no heat in the house. then i pull the plug on the remote, after turning of the water, and then i plug it back in, and then the remote starts up, and there is both hot water and heat in the house
sorry it is late and i cannot talk on the phone now. that is why i am continuing texting

I'll bet I can answer in 5 minutes

WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber
ok let me go get my phone

Ready when you are

WCohn
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber