Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Our toilet is stopped up we tried baking soda and vinegar…

Customer Question
Hi our toilet is...

Hi our toilet is stopped up we tried baking soda and vinegar didn’t work we ran the snake down we put to seal on it and it’s still stopped

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Day and half

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That’s about it

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Plumbing
2/17/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 5 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Did you use a toilet auger (see attached pic)? Sink drain snakes don't work neither do any chemicals household or otherwise.

we did

Then the next step is to pull the toilet off the floor and snake it from the other end.

We did that also and tried the chemicals too

You pulled the toilet?

my husband went down 20 ft

Did he run the snake into the bowl from the outlet on the underside?

we tried that twice still nothing

Has the toilet been reset? If so try dumping a bucket of water in the bowl fairly quickly. Does it flush/go down?

We did that goes down real slow
We changed the seal twice

Better than flushing?

Not really water goes down very very slowly and not right away

Ok, then assuming the water isn't backing up anywhere, you have something caught in the bowl. You'll have to replace the toilet.

There’s nothing in the bowl we had it off twice it’s clear we used a wax free seal would that make a difference

You can't see the entire drain passage in the bowl. Things get caught at the top of the trap and you'll never get to it. If you don't have back ups (clogged sewer main) and a bucket of water doesn't drain right out (indicating a venting issue) then the only thing left is something caught in the bowl.

Okay thank you for your advice God Bless

You're welcome