Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a Moen kitchen faucet with 2 faucets, high arching…

Customer Question
I have a Moen...

I have a Moen kitchen faucet with 2 faucets, high arching spout and a sprayer. I have water coming out the sprayer even when neither faucet is turned on, maybe 1/4 cup per hour. Is this a problem with the thumb valve on the end of the sprayer or does this relate to the valve that switches from sprayer use to spout use?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Wife just noticed it. But is 1/4 cup per hour and even at that rate is a problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How do I find a model number? I installed this about 15 years ago.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Plumbing
1/9/2018
Plumber: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 3 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor
Hi. .........If it is a pullout most times the connecting hose to the sprayer needs to be tightened because pulling it in and out constantly loosens it........so take a pair of slip joint pliers with a rag wrapped around the teeth ........ grip and tighten at the point I mentioned .....let me know how it went
Thanks
eddie
it is not a pull out.
cancel this help line. I tried to hook up with Moen and you are not Moen. I have been hijacked.

yes sometimes when you are navigating on the web it happens..........if you don't rate me I will not get credited and you won't be charged..........I have nothing to do with billing so you will have to get in touch with customer service if you do...........good luck

Eddie
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor