Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

A paper towel went flushing down the toilet when it was too…

A paper towel went flushing...
A paper towel went flushing down the toilet when it was too late to stop it. It seemed to pass and everything was fine until a few flushes later when there was a clog so I did the plunger thing that I usually would do but it did not work. Now when I use the adjacent sink, water bubbles in the toilet or rises or both. Knowing paper towels take time to break down I've just given it time and then yesterday added this liquid plumber stuff that should break it down more according to the store I was in. I just tried plunging again but I'm afraid to flush. Should I just keep waiting? I don't want to do any damage to the system. I also have zero money for the next two weeks for any kind of plumbing service.
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2018
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Thank you

You need to use a toilet auger. I can upload a link if you like

Oh ok. I had read about those. I had one friend who said to use a hanger but I was afraid to do that. It freaked me out that it is looping water from the sink like that and I think the seal is not good on the bottom of the toilet itself because sometimes when it overflows it will also come out the bottom so I'm trying to be really careful.
Is it possible that I have worked at too far down to reach with an auger? I've been at this for days like an idiot
it not at
Were you going to upload a link?

Sorry I was with another client here comes a link

No problem. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it. How will I know if I have pushed it too far down to rescue it with an auger? And should I turn the water off there?
Thx

I doubt you pushed it too far. The trap arms on toilet lines are usually less than the 6' that the auger can go

please leave me a 5 star rating

Ok so just put it in and turn and hope? :)

Yes, exactly!

Ok. And don't turn the water off?

Nope we are only dealing with drainage not supply

Ok thx so much.

Any other questions or are you ready to rate me?

Hope i didnt damage anythg with that liquid plumber stuff I don't think that person was as knowledgeable as you were and I doubt you would have told me to put it in there

Never use chemical in a toilet. It can heat and break the toilet

Ok. Well too late to take it out but hopefully it will be okay
I will be sure to let them know at the store so they stop telling people that
Thanks again take care

Yes, please they haven't a clue. Please rate me as thats the only way I get credit

WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber
Ok

Thank you and good luck