Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a 2 story home in Hampton Roads, Va. We were hit with…

Customer Question
I have a 2...

I have a 2 story home in Hampton Roads, Va. We were hit with the freezing temperatures and snow on the East coast recently. I have kept both of my heatpumps at 72-75 degrees during this extreme cold. The outside temps have been in the low to mid 20's for a high. My question is that we woke up this morning and there was no water coming out of the hot water side in the master bedroom, however we have plenty of both cold and hot water and good pressure from every faucet and shower head in the rest of the house. Plenty of hot water, plenty of cold water and plenty of pressure from all. There was no spitting or air in any of the lines when all of these were turned on. What could be causing this to happen?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

We just noticed this morning when we woke up around 9:30 am

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have no water pressure period from the hot water side of my master bedroom sink faucet and everything else works fine.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
1/7/2018
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 7 months ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Sounds like the branch that feeds the master bedroom is frozen

Is your house on a slab or have a crawlspace?

crawlspace
it is on the 2nd floor
I left the valve open on the faucet

Turn up the heat in the room upstairs and directly below. And hope for the best. not much else you can do without cutting into ceiling of room below and walls

ok thank you

Please leave a 5 star rating for my time