Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I am considering replacing an AOsmith from the early 60's to…

Customer Question
I am considering replacing...

I am considering replacing an AOsmith from the early 60's to a weil mclain natural draft or a new Yorker natural draft What would be the difference This is in an old house converted into a 4 unit apt building the ao smith has worked well but now out of date as far as efficency

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Everything is good I just want to replace with a more efficence furnace

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have a Co lined up I just want to know about the furnaces

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think that's about it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Plumbing
1/7/2018
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 6 months ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Well efficiency is the biggest difference between your old and anything new. I prefer Weil Mclain. You need you local guy to size the new unit for you according to your systems parameters. (heat loss, loop lengths, Btu's needed).