Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a rinnai tankless gas hot water heater and last night…

Customer Question
I have a rinnai...

I have a rinnai tankless gas hot water heater and last night the hotwater lines frozen. What should I do to keep it from bursting

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

When I woke up at 6 this morning I had no hot water

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't know?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I don't know what I should do

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
1/7/2018
Plumber: Brian Weeks, Plumber replied 7 months ago
Brian Weeks
Brian Weeks, Plumber
Hello my name is ***** ***** I can assist. You would want to have a faucet in the house open to allow the water to move once it thaws. You can dry a blow dryer to slowly heat the pipe and thaw it.
The main unit with the thermostat is in the storage room outside. The pipes are colored which one to use hair dryer on
You would want to do both pipes
If you have anymore questions please let me know and if you don’t then please remember to accept the answer and leave 5 star feedback. Thank you.