Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Well, my washing machine is in my kitchen next to the

Customer Question
Hi! Well, my...

Hi! Well, my washing machine is in my kitchen next to the kitchen sink. Lately it has been overflowing from the standpipe onto my floor and backing up into my garbage disposal into my sink. I cannot afford a plumber!

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?

No I am assuming that there is a clog in the standpipe. Is there a snake available that I can use?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was hoping to if not too complex

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I cannot think of a thing. Did I mention that it was backing up into my kitchen sink? This happens during the rinse cycle, not the initial wash cycle.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/6/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Your best bet, in fact the only tool for this job, is a power sink snake (see attached pic). You can rent one at most tool rental outlets