Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My rinnai tankless outdoor heater is probably frozen...the…

Customer Question
My rinnai tankless outdoor...

My rinnai tankless outdoor heater is probably frozen...the breaker was off and I reset it...nothing is happening...no hot water.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

This morning. I don't know about severity. The outdoor temp in NC went down to 8 degrees last night.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No...it is a gas unit.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Our cold water is fine and running.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Plumbing
1/6/2018
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 6 months ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I am a Rinnai factory trained and certified repair technician

As long as there remains power to the unit it will not freeze there are built in ceramic heaters to keep it from freezing. However the piping to the unit is not protected. Use a blow dryer to defrost those