Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

It is extremely cold outside, 9 degrees in Maryland. Water…

Customer Question
Hello...It is extremely cold...

Hello...It is extremely cold outside, 9 degrees in Maryland. Water was flowing fine yesterday no water flow this morning.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Yesterday if was fine so it just started this morning...

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That should be it...wondering if it is possible that the pipes could have frozen overnight??

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Plumbing
1/6/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Given your description a frozen pipe is the most likely culprit. The best things to do are: keep the hot and cold faucet open as long as someone is home and awake, get as much heat into the areas where the piping runs as possible and you can use a hair dryer or a heat gun (basically a hair dryer on steroids) on exposed piping. Leaving the faucets open will minimizes the chances that the pipe will break. A plumber with a pipe thawing machine can thaw out your concealed pipes if the piping is copper.