Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

It is bitter cold and we hear a very loud pop around 3:00…

Customer Question
It is bitter cold...

It is bitter cold and we hear a very loud pop around 3:00 AM. I assumed that a pipe had burst - our bedroom is half over our garage. I shut the heat off in that room - it has its own zone, but was unable to shut off the water. There is no apparent leak however, as I can find no evidence of water anywhere. I suppose something in the gae=rage burst, a can or something but have not found that either. Wondering if I should try turning the heat back on in that room. Thank you

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Since 3:00 AM. As I said no other evidence that it burst other than the noise.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/6/2018
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 7 months ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Pipes usually don’t pop when bursting and almost always leak.

This loud pop could be in plumbing trlated?

Related???

wow my fat finger.

Could it be not plumbing telated?

Possible, but I have not found anything else that burst in the garage, half of which is under the room where we heard the pop.
Thanks. I will look for other causes

Check ALL fixtures for flow. Especially hose bibs in the area. If they all flow AND there’s no water leak present then is isn’t a burst pipe

Please leave a five star rating