Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

I have a Kenmore Dishwasher Model 665.17762k600 and the

Customer Question
faucet hose attachment is loose...
I have a Kenmore Dishwasher Model 665.17762k600 and the faucet hose attachment is loose on the faucet and squirts water everywhere. No pressure builds to flow into the dishwasher however the washer itself still works fine. Do i need to replace the entire hose to dishwasher or is there a small fix. Its been more than a day since this was originally asked can someone please give me an answer?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Plumbing
1/6/2018
Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

D​oes this water line connect on the end of the kitchen faucet spout? If so please upload a few photos so I can see what you have to better advise.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
its a portable washer. You pull a lock down to connect it but its sloppy and sprays everywhere. Im at work and don't have any photos to upload, can you tell me what may be done to fix this ? Do I need a new line from the washer to connect to the faucet or is there a replacement gasket or what? Thanks

I​ will need to see the photos, I can't recommend something without seeing what you currently have.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can you google it by the part # and tell me the most likely fix,cause or both?

N​ot really, since the leak may be the faucet spout, the hose, or the hose end adapter. I do not want to steer you the wrong way, only to find out it was a waste of time and money and didn't resolve the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the problem just started the last time I used the washer. The connector that attaches from the washer to the faucet is sloppy and leaks, is that repairable or need a replacement?

R​eplacement is best on those fittings as aftermarket repair parts are basically non existent.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
as best you can say is replace the entire hose and faucet connections right?

W​ithout seeing any photos and from your information, yes the entire hose and faucet connections need replacing.

Is it leaking at the faucet aerator end, the threaded nipple, or the black adapter O-ring?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not sure. When it drains there's no leak only when water pressure is on then it hold s briefly then blows off. What parts can be replaced? Just the faucet attachment, the entire hose system,and the black rubber or ing inside the snap on hose connector right.

I​ would like to see how it separates when it comes off, then I can advise you better on how to resolve the problem.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 23 days ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber