Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a 1500 sqft warehouse. I come in this morning and…

Customer Question
I have a 1500 sqft...
I have a 1500 sqft warehouse. I come in this morning and notice the water is not running. I check all the faucets and a only a few drips and then nothing. I leave the temperature at 50 degrees Fahrenheit when I'm not in the shop. I accidentally left the hot water heater at vacation mode and looks like that might be the problem. When I put the hot water heater to warm it fires up and than after 20-30seconed I hear what sound like crackling which I'm assuming the ice is breaking. I set the heat to 70 now and still have the hot water heater on vacation mode. Should I wait till the overall temperature goes up and than fire up the hot water heater? if I leave the hot water heater on warm since the water appears to be frozen will the tank blow up or worse? Whats the best way to fix this?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
1/5/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I'd turn the heater up to 120 or higher to get some heat in there as long as the temps are extremely low. Heater won't blow up. The noise is likely kettling which is due to some mineral build up in the tank.

I have the hvac going. The hot water heater is in a small closet and it has its one vent from the hvac. The temp is 60 degrees right now. If I turn on the hot water heater for more than 30 seconds I hear crackling. If I keep the hot water heating turned on and leave it on will it blow up?

Again, the heater won't blow up! Did you see my last post where I also explained the noise

Rick I don't appreciate your attitude. If your going to help me please do so nicely otherwise, you may remove yourself from this question.

I don't get where you would imagine I'm not nice. I was simply asking if you saw my last post since you keep asking the same questions. I will allow that I can be very direct in my responses. Since we seem to lack adequate communication I'll opt out as you requested.

Moderator please close question. Iresolvedthe problem.