Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

My pipes are freezing going to my kitchen which is situated…

Customer Question
My pipes are freezing going...
My pipes are freezing going to my kitchen which is situated on the opposite side of my house of both my water inlet and my hot water heater. Would using heat tape in the not-so-hard to access places (not the entirety of the pipe) possibly help prevent freezing even if it is not placed on the area that is freezing?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
1/5/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

Heat tape will only work to keep pipes from freezing if it's in the area where they freeze.