Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have an R85 heater. It it making a low rumble, then

Customer Question
I have an R85...

I have an R85 heater. It it making a low rumble, then clicks. Then nothing. No hot water

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Very severe, no hot water. Started today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We have water flow but it is not heated.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 6 months ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I am a Rinnai factory trained and certified repair technician

Any two digit error code?

Where would I find that

Do you have a display that shows temperature setting?

No i don't want to switch to live phone
Cannot find a thermostat

How old is the unit?

Probably aboaut 10 years

Without an error code I have to take an educated guess. The most common issues are caused by dirty burner assembly and dirty heat exchanger find

Any further advise?
I am hearing impaired so can't talk on pone

Go to rinnai.us. Enter your zip code to find a Rinnai certified repair technician near you

Any further questions or are you ready to rate me?