Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

We have a new rinnai tankless water heater running on

Customer Question
We have a new...

We have a new rinnai tankless water heater running on propane.It will work fine for me to bath my 2 an 5 year old and for my husband to take a shower but when I go to take a shower we get an error code 12 and no hot water. The next morning it works fine.

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

This is a new house and we started using it about 4 weeks ago. And yes we have gotten the message numerous times. We were told to clean the filter since we are on a well but that has not helped.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on how complex the fix is. We are quite handed with household fixes.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Plumbing
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Plumber: WCohn, Journeyman Plumber replied 1 month ago
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I am a Rinnai factory trained and certified repair technician

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Great, look forward to your answer. Thanks

Sounds like the gas is undersized or the high and low fire parameters aren’t set correctly

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, we'll check both of those ideas. We thought it had something to do with the gas supply.

You need a nanometer and the piece of paper inside the clear envelope glued to the inside of the front cover. It says how and what to set them at.

Please leave me a five star rating

Manometer*

Any other questions?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No not at this time
Thanks

Excellent please use the stars at the top of the page to rate me. Good luck

WCohn
WCohn
WCohn, Journeyman Plumber