Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a whole house gas fired tankless HWH. I have to wait…

Customer Question
I have a whole...

I have a whole house gas fired tankless HWH. I have to wait excessive amounts of time for HW to be delivered to all but the nearest faucets to the HWH. I am considering an inline HWH booster to mitigate the problem. I need advice.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Since installation of the tankless HWH about 6 years ago. Not severe but highly annoying.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If not too complex...yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Plumbing
1/4/2018
Plumber: Phil, Mechanical Engineer. replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer.

Hello, basically you add a return pipe from the furthest hot water tap, and fit a tiny recirculating pump into it made for the purpose .. the line you fit runs back to the city water connection at the boiler, and the pump is controlled by a timer, to come on periodically, a few times an hour for a minute or two, and it keeps hot water flowing in the loop.

There are caveats we can discuss.

.

Do you plan on doing this work yourself or will y ou hire it done.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.