Plumbing

Plumbing Questions? Ask a Plumber and Get Answers ASAP.

Plumbing

I am trying to replace the cartridge in a Grohe thermostatic…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to replace the cartridge in a Grohe thermostatic shower mixing valve that was installed in 2002. I have unscrewed the green cap that you use to adjust the temperature, but am not figuring out how to remove the black plastic piece that would allow me to remove the cartridge with a socket wrench

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Hours

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

2 or 3 hours

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes I plan on doing the work myself. I can't think of anything else

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Plumbing
1/4/2018
Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

S​ince you don't know which model valve assembly you have, I recommend typing the info into your search engine "Grohe thermostatic shower mixing valve" and check out the videos that are available. mainly due to the way the valves and trims are installed and removed, as well as how to properly remove and install the cartridge and most importantly how to calibrate the new cartridge, since this procedure is very technical and can cause problems if not done properly.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed that this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on January 03, 2017 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 30 days ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Plumber: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 9 hours ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber