Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

We had a pipe freeze that leads to our hot water faucet of…

Customer Question
We had a pipe...

We had a pipe freeze that leads to our hot water faucet of our kitchen sink. We used a hair dryer and within 5 minutes the water was back to running. But now the water pressure is low for not only the hot water faucet but the cold water faucet at our kitchen sink. The water pressure everywhere else in the house is fine, just at the kitchen sink is the water pressure low. We have not been able to see any evidence of a leak and it has been almost 3 days since the pipe thawed. The pipes are in an area that is unaccesible unless you tear out the floor. My question is, if it is not a leak, what can cause the low pressure? When the water first came back on, the pressure was fine but within a few minutes it was low and has stayed there.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?

No, just talked to a plumber and he seemed to think it wasn't a big deal.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No way, i would make things worse

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just want to know what would cause the low pressure if we cannot find any evidence of a leak

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
1/3/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Have you tried cleaning the aerator on the end of the faucet spout? If you have a faucet with a pull out spray (no spout) then unscrew the spray head from the hose (careful to not lose the hose back into the faucet) and clean the screen where the 2 connect.