Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a Rheem hot water heater modelxe40tb6st45u0 that i…

Customer Question
Good morning Contractor's Assistant:...

Good morning

Contractor's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

I have a Rheem hot water heater modelxe40tb6st45u0 that i have to push the upper elements reset button all the time

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Maybe a week

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes i have replaced elements before

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The heater has never done this before. heater is about 3 years old purchased from the home depot. the unit is electric

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Plumbing
1/3/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you have to push the reset on the upper thermostat repeatedly then you need to replace the upper thermostat. The lower thermostat could also be running too hot so it's best to replace them both at the same time.