Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

Took out oil fired steam boiler and replaced with natural…

Customer Question
Took out oil fired...

Took out oil fired steam boiler and replaced with natural gas boiler but adding water every other day. no leaks in piping. where could water be going?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Installed boiler last july but started beginning heat season

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes i installed it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes what could be problem

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Plumbing
1/2/2018
Plumber: Rick, Construction Supervisor replied 3 months ago
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Any leaks at radiator valves? valve stem leaks are pretty common and often overlooked. If no other leaks then it may be going up the chimney. Every other day is not a lot for a leak in the block/heat exchanger above the water line but it is a possibility.

Marc
Marc
Marc, Plumber