Plumbing

Plumbing questions? Ask a plumber and get answers ASAP.

I have a toilet that seems to be having a problem. While it…

Good Afternoon Contractor's Assistant:...

Good Afternoon

Contractor's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

I have a toilet that seems to be having a problem. While it is flushing it is not filling to the normal height (Bowl )

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For about 2 weeks. We have gone on the roof to check out the exhaust pipe to no avail . The tank is filling up fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a roofing professional yet?

No.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If the plumber thinks that he can fix it than I would hire them.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that it is flushing / just very low bowl

1/2/2018
Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Check the refill tube connected to the fill valve in the tank. It should be inserted into the overflow pipe on the flush valve. See attached pic

We just tried it. It seems to be working fine.
I can't thank you enough.
Thank you Rick
Deborah

You're welcome.

Rick
Rick, Construction Supervisor